Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Kick autisms a--

As I begin this blog I am remembering how lonely this road has been ,but how blessed our lives have become. There is such a depth of love in our marriage and in our family that was not here before. This is going to be about overcoming and being real in all the muck or poop of it.
Today I want to start with a light hearted funny. Sometimes our daughter says the funniest but most real things I ever hear. Today we had a visiter and Megan as always wants to educate her about autism. Megan says I have autism. she says it a couple of times than says Im kicken autisms ass! LOL o my without even thinking Wendy and I started celebrating! Does Megan know thats what we are doing? Does she understand? I belive she understands so much more than she can communicate to us. The funny things about stuff she says like the last remark is we dont talk like that. Im sure I havnt used that phrase, not out loud any way! But that is what we are doing. Megan has come so far and can communicate so much more. We are not done! They said shed never be able to communicate back and forth...but she does. They said she wouldnt ever read ....but she does. In all of this i find that when we were trying to teach Megan, We were the ones who have learned the most, not because our abilities but because of hers.

1 comment: