Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

CONNECT

 I remember being a little girl and getting so caught up in holding a puppy or kitten.  I could have cuddled forever! I was like that with baby people too . I would rather watch a baby then hang out with friends. I would even hold a baby while our family friends ate. I was  babysitting a 2 week old baby when I was 9 years old, and I was so capable!   I see that love and that awe for babies in Megan too but she doesn't get to really experience the awe like I see others experience or like I did. Megan has not experienced much of  awe in life at all . Most of life is confusing or scary.  She lives in a world with no rhyme or reason no direction and worst of all next to no connection. Imagine then the joy that fills my entire being when I do see her connect. Its few and far between but its happening more and more. There was a time when I couldn't even imagine her connecting to any one.  It was amazing to capture the relationship begin to grow between her and my little grandson. There was eye contact and a connection that I have hadn't witnessed with her yet. It was deep.

And then there was a year ago when  at bed time  I brought a puppy in her room  Her eyes immediately fixed on the little ones feet her finger touching the tiny toenails she said "look at hew wittle feet"!  SHE REALLY SAID THAT! She said it like a toddler. and was 12 BUT she SAID it !  A little girl full of wonder and yes awe. she stroked the puppy and felt her soft fur. she was in that place that a little girl loves to be. I could see that nurturing heart and the longing to be free. I saw connect. I saw Megan completely free of all that holds her back from who she longs to be. It was only for a few minutes but She was all the way there.
 







 O YES! A desire accomplished is sweet to the soul. I am seeing her blossom more and more. We are seeing her do more everyday. Last night in our life group she interacted and sang worship and praise songs with the other kids. She even colored with us. Maybe not how most kids interact but she was interacting! I love watching God heal her. He has really been leading us. He leads our prayers for her, and our interventions as well. He is the one that led us to take her off dairy he is the one who led us to the supplements she's on. I have seen so many parents try this and that with almost no real improvement. I have known people that have maxed out every credit card and buy every new thing promising to cure autism. Its hard not to be desperate when you are watching your child fade farther away every day. Its easy to feel helpless. I am so thankful for my relationship with God and love that I can trust Him in all of this. he did NOT make my daughter sick, BUT He is making her well. Little by little step by step from GLORY to GLORY we go! I cannot imagine walking this with out God. I am connected to the source, and He brings connection to my child. Well dear ones I said I would keep these short so I am going to end now with this. If you do not know God and have not asked Jesus to be Lord of your life You can do that now. Just say Jesus I need you to show me who you are and how much you love me. Take my life and make some glory out of it in Jesus name amen! That's all you have to do. He will never leave you alone in this AND He will lead you in parenting your child.
I will leave you with a few more pictures of these two. 








                                            In His LOVE
                                                Arlene.






                                                        SWEET DREAMS DEAR ONES



No comments:

Post a Comment